cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
unbreak09 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vista SP1 parsing error C\programfiles\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml

The OS is vista english 32 bit service pack 1

Device> HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer    (but the same error can be found many models)

we install the driver for the multifunction and when we attempt to run the icon on the destkop

called : hp solution center

we get the error  > parsing error C \programfiles\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml

NOTE:  The printer and scanner works normally, but we only get this error when clicking on the solution center icon.

THE USER INSISTS ON HAVING IT WORK! And I agree... why should it not be working. HP has to give us answers.

After searching on the internet for many hours and looking around there seems to be only one solution described but this does not apply to Vista

For example to install the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2. This cannot be installed on vista (is only for XP )

also some other people tell you to install an update for the xml on vista, but I can see its already installed and I cannot reinstall it.

We have tried uninstalling - reinstalling the all on one driver 10 times (by also cleaning the temp files)!

The driver is HUGE and you can imagine how much time has been lost.

This problem can be found everywhere on the intenet, so many people are having it and only a few has found the solution (only xp users), HP has to give us a SOLUTION or an update for their drivers!

I have run out of ideas... and I still dont know what is the cause for this.

Pleas help!

Message Edited by unbreak09 on 02-14-2009 10:40 PM
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
gseven0 Tutor
Tutor
20 20 0 0
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many problems installing J6480 coincident with a C4580.  Following over four hours with Tech Support and a promise of a callback the next day I started working on it myself.  I finally reverted back to an system configuration of one week ago and got the J6480 to install however I now get the "Parsing error in file C:]Program Files\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml" 

After finding good information in this forum, I will wait for knowledgeable help/solution.  BTW I gave up on the C4580 after trying four (4) replacements form HP then HP replaced the C4580 with a C4599 which had the same problem.  So I bought a J6480 and am having the above error (different from the other two models).  I believe in HP and will continue to try to make their stuff work.

0 Kudos
VoVa Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are the steps to resolve this issue (was tested):

Disconnect printer USB from the computer.

Inside the HP software/driver cd, go to "util" directory > "ccc" directory.

In here run Uninstaller_L1 through L4 in order.

Check Add/Remove programs inside Control Panel for additional HP programs that weren't removed and remove them.

Delete HP and/or Hewlett-Packard directory inside Program Files.

Goto Program Files > Common Files and delete HP and/or Hewlett-Packard directory there as well.

Go to Start>Run and type "temp". inside this folder delete all files.

Go to Start>Run and type "%temp%". inside this folder delete all files.

For additional cleanup when using Vista, you can download Cleanup Utility and search for additional HP components that weren't removed. Here's a link for the program: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Restart and reinstall the driver using the CD or web driver.

The issue should now be resolved.

Write here if this helped/didn't help!

Thanks. 

Re

0 Kudos
Gordonnails Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have looked at the MSXML service pack mentioned, but there are 4 options to choose from.  Could you please suggest how I should decide which option to install, as the information on the MS website is rather technical in this respect?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Gordonnails Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The files on the  driver/software CD supplied with my printer were packed.  When I insert the CD they automatically unpack and the installation screen appears.  Can you please tell me where I can the unpacked files so that I can carry out the procedure described.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
VoVa Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Search for full web drivers for your model.

(this also applies to unpacked folders from cd): In most cases, when you run the exe file that you downloaded, it will unpack all the contents inside a directory that can be found here:

Start>Run>type %temp%

Now search for any folder that starts with hp_web_release or 7z.....

Inside the folder (which contains all the files of the cd) you can find "util" directory and there "ccc" directory.

Message Edited by VoVa on 04-19-2009 07:36 AM
0 Kudos
technoguy4u Top Student
Top Student
2 2 1 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have to navigate to C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\ and there we would find 2 or 3 folders with HPQSCLOC name with an extension like HPQSCLOC(608) or (109). We have to search for 1033.xml file in all those folders and probably, it would be there in HPQSCLOC folder with numbers in brackets. Then, we can go to the HPQSCLOC folder and copy the contents of the folder and paste the contents in HPQSCLOC folder with numbers in brackets . Now, we can delete the HPQSCLOC folder and rename the HPQSCLOC folder with numbers in brackets as HPQSCLOC. Then, try opening HP Solution center, It should open fine. Please reply so that I know if the issue was resolved or not.
0 Kudos
DNASkully Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VoVa, you are a genius!!!  Saved me hours of more fruitless searching to find the solution to this problem on my C4400...Already spent hours and hours looking until I saw your post....Worked greatThose leftover uninstalled files were the problemIf anyone follows your steps..It does workAnd, it works flawlessly!!!  Thanks for the post.

Only Glitch I encountered was windows Wouldn't validate the drivers so I had to go into Device Manager..and force itI hope everyone appreciates you on this forum!!!

0 Kudos
Chan Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For this problem to open solution center I found the solution when I looked into the hpqscloc-folder and found that the file was named 1053.xml. After renaming it to 1033.xml solution center opened fine.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
41 41 0 8
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

-You can also try upgrading the HP software Version.

-Download Full Feature software and drivers for the newer All-in-one Printer models and just bypass the usb installation.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation