cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KGoodsite
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

WI-FI connect to Officejet 7612

HP Recommended
officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I can't get the HP 7612 to connect to my Wi-Fi using the correct password.  If I set a hot spot with my iPhone or laptop it connect to that hot spot ok. I tried pressing the WPS button and that doesn;t work.  Router running 2.4 GHz. The service provider, Spectum, can't figure it out.  We are able to connect iPhones and laptops to the home Wi-Fi ok but not this printer.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults and try again.

From the downloaded manual...page 136

Reset the Printer Network Settings
To reset the printer network settings, complete the following steps:

1. On the printer control panel, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings . Touch Restore Network

Defaults, and then touch Yes . A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2. On the printer control panel, touch (Wireless), touch Settings , and then touch Print Network

Configuration to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been
reset.

0 Kudos
KGoodsite
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The 7612 has SETUP then NETWORK and Wireless only has a Yes or No setting. Wireless Setup Wizard used to set with password to the network, if it worked. It doesn't have a reset there.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation