Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CN11521N0P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time i print even after a 3rd stage clean the colours are wrong. they are dull and yellow comes out as dark ornage for instance

its out of warranty so speaking to HP seems impossible!!!!!!!

printer is a deskjet 1000 no idea if laser or inkjet

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @TREKKER23, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your printer prints wrong colors.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Use an automated tool to align the cartridges
Open the printer software.
Right-click the Start button () in the lower left corner of the screen and then click Search.
Type HP in the search box.
Click your printer (). The printer software opens.
   NOTE:
You can also open the printer software from your computer desktop: double-click the icon for your printer ()
Double-click Printer Actions, and then double-click Maintenance Tasks. The HP Toolbox opens.
Click the Device Services tab, and then click Align Ink Cartridges. The printer aligns the cartridges and then prints an alignment page.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues on your printer.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi! Great thanks for the enthusiasm.

My printer doesnt have a copy function its a deskjet 1000

Nothing has been changed and its the same on my laptop and pc

Ive cleaned using the software to a third stage clean

And I've aligned it.

No difference.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks

Sam

HP Recommended

@TREKKER23

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Just curious to know, did you get time to perform troubleshooting steps mentioned in the document in above post.

If not try the steps mentioned below to fix this issue.

1. Check the paper.
  2. Check the print settings.
  3. Check the estimated ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges.
  4. Print and evaluate a diagnostic report and troubleshoot defects.

Click here follow the steps mentioned the document to perform above troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.