Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (21,245 Views)

We have an ink system failure / error 0xc18a0106

We have an ink system failure message on our HP Photosmart C6180 All in one printer that reads: Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes or print. Error 0xc18a0106  -help?

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 3 (21,230 Views)

Re: We have an ink system failure / error 0xc18a0106

[ Edited ]

Hello,
This error typically is caused by some issue with the ink delivery system.

Recommend to follow steps mentioned in this link to resolve your problem:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814

Hope this helps.

I work for HP.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (20,646 Views)

Re: We have an ink system failure / error 0xc18a0106

This inks system failure error 0x... might be due to some issues with your ink cartridge or the printheads. I have an old officejet printer running on windows xp which encountered the same ink system failure issues and has cost me a lot of money for new cartridges. I got the issue straighten out by doing a hardware reset on the printer itself, I did it on the printer's panel. I followed the steps found on hardware reset article online. Why not give it a try before thinking of another solution.. Smiley Happy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation