cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PF86 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webscan Error when scanning PDF from Glass or Feeder

HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I'm having an issue scanning using the Webscan for my HP Officejet 4630.  It scans a jpeg from the Glass but won't scan a PDF from the glass or feeder.  I get the error "The selected document can not be opened"

WebScanErrorPDF.PNG

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14802 13855 746 1763
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webscan Error when scanning PDF from Glass or Feeder

Hi @PF86,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting a web scan error with your HP Officejet 4630, on Windows 8. I am happy to look into this scanning issue for you!

Some questions, if you do not mind:

• How is the printer connected? Wireless or USB?
  • What Web Browser are you using? ie: Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc?
  • Are you able to make copies with the printer? Copy Text or Mixed Documents.

In the meantime, I would recommend to go through the steps within this scanning guide, 'Computer Not Found' or 'Connection Error' Displays for HP Officejet 4630 and HP Deskjet Ink Advanta....

I would also recommend, trying a different web browser, than the one you are using.

Thank you for posting, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation