Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can scan a document as a pdf, but when I try to save it I get a "Failed - No file" error message. If I try to open it in Acrobat (which I have as an app on my Windows 10 machine) I get an "Unknown Error" error message.

2016-07-06.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ecbarker,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed that you are getting an error when trying to save a PDF file after scanning it from your HP Envy 4500 printer. I am happy to look into this for you! 

I would recommend to start with using the Windows 10 Troubleshooter, and let me know what happens! . 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Keep me posted! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks, @RnRMusicMan, but Troubleshooter found nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi ecbarker, 

Thank you for trying the troubleshooter for me! 

What happens if you try our HP Print and Scan Doctor? (Select your printer, click next, then Fix Scanning.)

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

@RnRMusicMan That worked, but I don't have HP Scan on my computer, or if I do, I don't see it. I've been using webscan and that's what is giving me trouble.

HP Recommended

Hi ecbarker, 

Thank you for your response! 

It could be a driver/software related issue. I would recommend a full uninstall, and reinstall using our HP Printer Install Wizard For Windows.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Let me know what happens! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.