Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Envy 42600
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have HP support Assistant on a wind 8.1 and HP Envy 4526.  I find the HP Support Assistant closes when I click on feedback

There are two ! signs one blue for a message and one red for an update, but when I click them nothing happens.  What value is this "assistant"? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeffrey1999,

Good Day. Thank you for posting in the HP community. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding HP support assistant issues. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

• Did you try to uninstall and reinstall HP support assistant?
  • Please uninstall HP support assistant first completely.
  • Right-click on start button>select Programs and features> find HP support assistant from the list and uninstall it.
  • Then please install the latest version of HP support assistant from this link
  • This should do the trick for you. You should be able to provide your feedback.
  • HP support assistant is used to update all your required drivers and run diagnostics on your computer.

• If not please check this link on how to troubleshoot HP support assistant. Please select the most relevant option that best fits your current situation.
  • Here is a link on how to work with HP support assistant.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a spledid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I asked for help in using HP Assistant. You replied and said you worked for HP, didn't answer my question, but asked if your reply was helpful.  Well, it wasn't.

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeffrey1999,

I read your response. I have provided complete information on your post. Please review it. The post must have gotten posted accidentally. I have sent you the required information. Please check that out.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.