cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

When HP will give me support

HP Recommended

To,Whomever it may concern,

I have HP Officejet 7000 wide format printer E809a at my customer's office. The customer uses it mostly for autocad printing and large (A3) size document printing. It torns the paper from the first day of purchase. HP engineer (from Redigton) visited the place for 3-4 times and when he visits, does cleaning of printer, the printer works fine for 2-3- days, but again it starts to torn the paper. We have checked and found that it torns on A3 paper mostly on boarderless sizes. We need to solve this problem ASAP as we are unable to print on A3 size and have no use of the money which we have paid to HP for this printeresc.help. Let me know what actions you are taking on this issue.

[Case Number Removed]

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 526
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AniruddhaPunekr,

It seems that it may be directly related to the weight of the A3 paper, it would seem that paper that is light gets caught up and causes the jam, however heavier paper feeds through properly. You may want to look into getting heavier paper (100g should work fine).

Source: Paper Jam in HP OfficeJet 7000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for quick response,

I am sorry that I have not mentioned the paper as I thought the same and cross checked it. I am using "Copy power" with "75 GSM" and it is a quite heavy paper (>100 grms.). If I give print using normal mode and not borderless then the printer works okay but it leaves 3-4 inches of paper blank from all the sides and prints. It looks very cheap and leaves impression like somebody who do not know how to operate the computer has given this print. Also the content does not fits in properly and visibility of the content is poor. thank you once again and looking for response. If anything that I left out please let me know so that I can update that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AniruddhaPunekr

So when not printing borderless the paper does not tear? I am curious have you tried printing from a lighter paper borderless? I woudl check the weight against the Paper-handling specifications at the following link: Product Specs. A3 and A3+ is supported for borderless. Have you tried cleaning the rollers of dust?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Travis_C,

You are right when I tried for printing normally (without A3 borderless paper from selection menu of printer) the print came right (without any damage to paper). I don't have lighter paper than 75 GSM. If you can suggest the Weight in GSM I will definitely try it. After cleaning the rollers the prints may came right with all paper sizes but only for first 3-4 prints. Then again it shows same problem with borderless paper however prints with normal mode comes right (without any damage to paper). I checked that statistics but couldn't figure out which paper with how much GSM should I use? And yes I will always appreciate the responder. thank you for your valable information. My laptop was slow so I wrongly clicked on Report Inappropriate content instade of Kudos. i am really sorry for that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AniruddhaPunekr

GSM is the same as g/m2 . When you previously mentioned (>100grams) I was slightly confused. And no worries about the inappropriate content it happens sometimes. Smiley Wink

In which case 75GSM should be well within the paper weigth as per the product specs. I wanted to check since the weight could have been effecting how the page pulls when printing borderless.

Check out the following article. It covers paper tears for the Officejet 7500A.

Paper Tears

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Travis_C,

Today I got very strange reply from HP engineer. As per his consideration this printer is not supported for Autocad printing? Is it so? Is this a cause of paper tearing? As per the link given in your previous post, it (officially HP) does not provides any resource that says paper may tears because of any non supported software. So if possible for you please verify this and let me know if it is true. With that may I know what is difference between normal printing and autocad printing? (Treat me as a fresher to printers as I am a system administrator and forced by management to resolve this issue as nobody is taking responsibility to resolve this issue.) And my second question is what is borderless printing? I am really new to printers but I can solve some minor problems and thanks to HP officejet 7000 wide format printer now I am very good at printer cleaning.

And Travis_C really thank you for the most interesting and very good information on paper tearing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AniruddhaPunekr

Autocad should work fine.

• Borderless printing is just as it sounds, the printer has the ability to print ink all the way to the edges of the page rather than leaving a "blank" or "white" boarder around an image.
  • When you mentioned normal printing I assumed you meant printing with a border as you m entioned it leaves 3-4inches of paper blank. Have you tried printing Borderless in a different application such as Microsoft Paint? This way we can see if it is only Autocad haven't problems with borderless. Also in printer preferences is a section to change media types. I would make sure that is set to the correct media (if set wrong in Autocad it may be causing tearing).
  • Also please verify which paper brand you are using as well as paper type.

And you are welcome. :generic:

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Travis-c,

Sorry for taking too much time to reply, but I was testing the different applications and their A3 borderless prints. The statistics as follows:

I took atleast 10 prints from each application

ms-paint 1:4 (1 paper torned off out of every 4)

ms-word 1:8 (paper wrap like "Z" not tearing)

ms-excel  "same as above"

corel draw 1:3

Autocad 1:3

Autocad technical person visited our office and checked all print settings of Autocad but results in same situation (1:3 or 1:4). he told there is nothing to be done beyond these settings. Again surprisingly All-in-one 4500 series printer gives good print outs.

I am little confused with the results. Is it so that corel or autocad requires something extra to print?

Our office decide to go for new printer as we do not want to use plotter for A3 size prints (not affordable prints and longer waiting time for other A2 or A1 prints which are more important than A3 as they are for clients). What I got to hear from HP sales engineer (at dealers office) that if you want to print autocad A3 size then you have to go for plotter or A3 laserjet (around Rs. 88000/-). All officejet printers are not to be used for Autocad printing. Now the issue is going in worst condition as we can not buy new printer and 7000 wide format printer is not printing Autocad drawings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
oh!!! sorry I forgot about the brand. We use copy power or Image copier brands. Autocad media is set right by autocad engg.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation