Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an HP Photosmart C4680 I use MAC o/s version 10.5.8 When I try to make xerox copy a document on the printer, it prints blank pages. This goes for black and white copying and for color copying. Ink supplies are good. I have tried unplugging everything and restarting, but that did not help. Any ideas? Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi there thundercats1632

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01892627

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but it did not work and a lot of the solutions were for printer mode, not the copy mode.  Well actually, now the printer won't work either.  So the help page didn't work for the copy or the print.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, I've included a link below that I might recommend.  I would start down in the document at solution four.  This will help us determine what is happening, I suspect it may be ink related if you don't get any output from either print or copy.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01675472

`

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended
I HAVE RESET MY PRINTER, MODEM, TWICE WITH NO RESULTS. THE PRINTER WILL ONLY COPY IN COLOR (ALTHOUGH VERY FADED AND IT WILL NOT COPY ANY BLACK). WHEN I TRY TO COPY IN BLACK THE PAGE COMES OUT BLANK.
HP Recommended

3 things come to my mind:
1. if you are sure the ink level is good (the printer reports so or prints ok), then
2. make sure the document to be scanned is placed face down (so that the scanner sees it), and
3. check if the scanner is working (does it scan anything? when doing a copy, was there a white light bar moving across the scan bed (glass)?

If the answers to all 3 are yes', the printer probably needs serviced.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

My printer is giving blank pages. What causes this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.