Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6800 e-All-in-one printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

No error messages, the cartridges just won't move.  My Internet connection was just upgraded, and that is the only changes made.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @joanneshrader – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums! I would glad to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are facing with a carriage jam issue where the cartridges are stuck in your printer. Appreciate all your efforts. I will certainly do my best to help you with the issue 🙂

I would first like you to clean the paper path inside the printer. Unplug the printer from the wall socket, use a lint free cloth and try and wipe clean the carriage path / paper path thoroughly inside the printer. There might be very small debris or dust particles which might be causing issues for the free carriage movement. Cleaning the carriage path will help us fix the issue.

Once done, I need you to perform a power drain to fix this issue and replace the cartridges. Here are the steps:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
  • Now, try removing the cartridges.
  • If the cartridges are still stuck, unplug the printer from the power and then try moving them manually.

Also, make sure you have checked all the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2foKptp 

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  I called tech support and they put me through the same paces to no avail.  After an hour, he declared the printer defective and it was still under warranty, so they are going to replace it.   Thanks again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.