cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tar426
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I scan a document only part of the document scans and it is enlarged.

I have an Imac and a HPDeskjet 3054A.  Scanned documents are shown sideways and only a portion of the original is scanned.  The portion that is scanned takes up the entire page.  Iam getting from 1/4 to 1/2 of the original.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,868
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of OS X?  How are you scanning?  Try scanning using Image Capture in your Applications folder.  Choose your scanner on the left side then click the "Show Details" button along the bottom of the window.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My initial speculation would be that the HP scanning software settings are configured to perform a photo scan.  This would potentially explain both the rotation and cropping.  As suggested by PrintDoc, you can also try scanning with Image Capture, but note that the default settings for Image Capture are also oriented to photo scanning.  You need to turn off the "Detect Separate Items" setting, or your document pages will get chopped up into small regions.

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Craphead
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I scan a document only part of the document scans and is enlarged.  I have a Mac.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More information is needed.  How are you scanning?  Do you start from an application (e.g. Image Capture, HP Scan, Preview), or do you start from a scan menu item on the printer's front panel?

What printer model do you have?

What version of OS X are you using?

Do you have the latest software updates for your product downloaded and installed from hp.com/support?

Please note the comments earlier in this thread regarding the proper scan settings.  Make sure that you are using settings appropriate for scanning documents.  The most likely cause for what you describe is scanning with settings that are optimized for photo scanning.

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

gerardvanschip
Level 2
28 27 0 7
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Craphead,

Sounds like a settings problem but just to make sure there is an easy way to test this. Download Vuescan and run that, it works with almost every scanner out there. When open click preview to see if it sees your whole scanner glass, then select your item and hit scan.

Gerard van Schip
Helping people with technology since 1991

Did my answer resolve your issue? Please click on “ Accept as Solution ” so others will find this solution. This button only shows if you started the post! If you liked my answer please click on the Kudos! star to let me know, thank you!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation