cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sue470 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I touch snapfish on the display it says There was a problem connecting to the Internet.

When I touch snapfish on the display it says There was a problem connecting to the Internet. My computer is connected to the internet via Comcast cable and there is no reason why the printer is not connecting. It is a brand new printer and seems to work fine on paper printing e-mails out from the internet.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I touch snapfish on the display it says There was a problem connecting to the Internet.

Hello,

The first thing I would do is follow step six in this document to set a static IP: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817031
When it askes for DNS information, enter in Google's DNS. Preferred DNS = 8.8.8.8 Alt DNS = 8.8.4.4

If that does not help, if you could provide me with the following information it would help me out. First, who is your ISP( Internet Service Provider, i.e. Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, ect.)? Second, who is the maker of your router? Lastly, what is the model number and firmware version of your router?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation