cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to connect my HP deskjet 2544 to my lenovo tablet, I get authentication problem message.

HP deskjet 2544
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

When I try to connect my HP deskjet 2544 to my new lenovo tablet I get authentication problem message. I can print from my older Android phone.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,039 2,624
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to connect my HP deskjet 2544 to my lenovo tablet, I get authentication problem message.

Welcome @Kat43,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see that you are experiencing issues connecting the Lenovo Tablet. I would be happy to help you.

Are you using an operating system on the Lenovo Tablet?

If not, this document should help: Printing from the HP Print Service Plugin.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome @Kat43,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see that you are experiencing issues connecting the Lenovo Tablet. I would be happy to help you.

Are you using an operating system on the Lenovo Tablet?

If not, this document should help: Printing from the HP Print Service Plugin.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The tablet is an Android 5.1. i have Chrome on it and on my laptop and also on an Android phone. I am able to print from the phone but not from the laptop or the tablet. I have disabled the firewall on the laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer with no success. The message from the laptop is that the printer is installed on Cloud print and ready to go but it doesn't print. On the tablet I can't connect to the tablet because of "authentication problem"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried the HP print plugin and it cannot find the printer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me @Kat43.

I would try this document to see if it may help: Setting Up and Printing on a Chromebook

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I read through this again but nothing identifies my problem. I did everything to get the printer set up and it works from my Android phone. Just not from my laptop or tablet.

I see nothing on this document that tells me if I need to update firmware or how to do it.

I've been doing this for three days. I'm getting worn out with it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kat43,

I would suggest to contact our Cloud team for further assistance.

I will send you a PM with the numbers. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation