cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
golfwidow1
Level 1
9 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to print using HP photo paper it jams but prints fine with regular paper

envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I try to print a photo using HP photo paper it jams.  I print with regular paper no problem.  I have changed the paper quality and size and everything but it doesn't work.  I have used this printer before and no problem.  The roller look clean and have no problem with regular paper.  Photo paper is out of package.  Please help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,382 2,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I try to print using HP photo paper it jams but prints fine with regular paper

Hi @golfwidow1,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having printing issues on your HP Envy 4500 printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve the issue,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What type of photo paper are you using?

These are the photo paper type which is supported - 13 x 18 cm (5 x 7 in) Photo paper, 10 x 15 cm (4 x 6 in) Photo paper, 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 in) Photo paper - For more click here

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then perform a Hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/en4500/EN4500_R1547A.exe

Solution one: Clear any jammed paper from the printer.

Solution two: Clean the paper rollers behind the cartridge access area

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for Paper Jam - Click here

Alternatively, you can also go through - HP Printers - Printing Photos (Windows) - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation