Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I copy or scan the document gets cut off at the top about 1" , when I turn the document  around to see if will copy or scan any better I have 2" of space at the top  and  gives me 1/4" space at the bottom.

When I print from the computer it is perfect.

Have any of you had this problem with other printers and what did you do to fix it?

Brenda

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

When I copy or scan the document gets cut off at the top about 1" , when I turn the document  around to see if will copy or scan any better I have 2" of space at the top  and  gives me 1/4" space at the bottom.

Have any of you had this problem with other printers and what did you do to fix it?

Brenda

HP Recommended

Hello @Brenda7-18-15,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I'd like to help you with the copy issue you are having on your HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One printer.

It sounds like it could be an issue with the way the document is being put onto the glass, or with the settings that the printer is using for the copy.

When you are putting the original on the glass, are you lining up the top left hand corner of the page in the bottom right hand corner of the glass? If not, let's try that.

I'll get you to check the settings you are using as well:

1. Touch Copy on the printer home screen.
  2. Touch Settings (should look like a little gear).
  3. Check Paper Size, Margin Shift (should be off), and Resize (should be Actual).

Are you trying to make the copy on regular letter size paper?

I look forward to hearing back and working towards a resolution for this issue!

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Do you honestly think that someone could be that stupid that they don't know how to make a copy?  How about this both printers are defective the replacement printer was worse than the original, you are selling defective printers and you know it!  Again HP will only send a replacement for the same model I am being sent another piece of garbage.

Brenda

HP Recommended

Hello @Brenda7-18-15,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Thanks for posting.

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
My Hp Officejet Property 6835 does the same thing. When copying from the glass or feeder it cuts off the left side of the document. I have checked all settings. I also know how to use the printer. I have reset the settings, unplugged the printer, tried everything possible. If I print a document from my laptop is fine.
HP Recommended

I have the same sort of thing happening with an HP Scanjet 8250 scanner as well as an HP m475dn AIO.

When using the glass, the 8250 cuts off about 1/8" off of the margin no matter the setting.

When using the m475dn, it cuts off at least 1/4" from the top and left edge, which leaves me with a max scanning area of less than 8.25" x 10.75"

I have "full platen" selected for the scanning area.

I don't see any settings anywhere to change this. This is when I am just scanning to a file. I am not trying to copy or anything.

You would think that this type of issue would be figured out after 10+ years (the 8250 is 14 years old). Kinda surprised that the newer devices have an even worse margin chopping problem.

I also have a Canon scanner that does not have this problem.

HP Recommended

EthanQ, did you find a solution to your scanning issue? I am experiencing the same kind of behavior on a Brother Multifunction. I think there might be some usable info in this post, but I haven't been to the office yet to try changing the settings.

I noticed that you have the same problem with two different HP devices. Are you using the same scanner driver to scan from both devices? If so, then the issue may be the settings are in the driver, not the scanner itself. If you try copying on each device, instead of scanning, you may find that the problem manifests itself differently, or doesn't occur at all. On multifunction printers copying is accomplished by scanning and printing, not a xerographic process as in "photocopiers." If the copy function yields a correct output, then you can rule out the scanner being at fault.

If you would check the "copier" settings as suggested in an earlier post, you might find that fixes the problem. The other possibility is that the diaolog box for your scanning software may have options which include margin settings.

After I get back to the office tomorrow, I will look for similar settings on the Brother MFC, and post my findings.

Best wishes.

Dennis 

HP Recommended

No, different drivers and different computers.

I have given up on the scanjet 8250 as it outputs incorrect colors from the flatbed even with the blue tint fix patch.

I have looked at all the settings on the m475dn AIO. I even went as far as going into the developer menu on the printer itself and running the scanner calibration which ended up doing absolutely nothing to help.

I just tried a copy on the m475dn itself from the flatbed and it cuts it off exactly the same as when I scan.

So it is something with the horrible design of the scanner itself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.