cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gringostar
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Where is my HP Print Utility?

HP Recommended
Laserjet 1320
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello all, 

I bought a used HP Laserjet on ebay.  It works wonderfully.  Problem is:  there is no way for me to configure the printer.  It's printing everything in economy mode.  My Mac El Capitan comes with the drivers so it was plug and play.  But I have no HP Print Utility.   The printer is printing everything in "economy mode."  :HalfEyes:

I came accross this on the HP website regarding drivers for the Apple Macs:  

NOTE: There is no HP Print Utility support for devices below. You can administer all networked HP LaserJet printers by accessing the Embedded Web Server in the printer.

A few different ways to open the printers Embedded Web Server include:

1. From Safari – open the Bonjour tab under the book icon pull down menu and select the printer.

2. From any web browser, enter printers IP address in the browsers address bar.

Problem is:  1.  Safari doesn't have Bonjour tab anymore.  2.  What is the ip address of my computer?  How can I configure my printer?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,565 31,277 5,392 12,589
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

From Safari click the top Safari menu, then press on Preferences.

Open the Advanced tab and check both of the boxes next to Bonjour, close the window using the red X icon to apply the changes.

Now click the top Bookmarks icon and select your networked printer under the Bonjour tab.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
gringostar
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did everything you said, but I don't see my printer.   When I click on Bookmars, and then scroll down to Bonjour there are two options for Bookmarks:  About Bonjour (does nothing) and Webserver on WND (whatever that is?)  Neither of which help.   This is not a wireless printer, if that helps.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation