cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
13 6 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Where is the Unlock button in HP Photo Creations to move a Photobook page?

HP Recommended

I am trying to create a Photobook. I fail to find the Unlock button in the Storyboard to change the position of a page in my book. Please help if you can.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 9
1,067 1,062 62 268
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Una. Thanks for asking.

The Lock/Unlock button appears when you click on a page in the scrolling list at the bottom of the screen and move your cursor between the pages on a spread. This list appears when you click the Preview button.

lock-unlock-button.jpg

The list also appears when the following tools are selected: Photos, Themes, and Touch-Up.

Hope this helps! Thanks for using HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Highlighted
Level 1
15 9 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the wonderfully illustrated reply to my query. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back but I had abandoned the project. However, I would like to go back to it again if I can solve the problem I mentioned.

Your answer does not help since I only see a single page view and not the double spread as you illustrated. I cannot see the little lock anywhere when I move the mouse over the storyboard in Preview mode. I would be glad if you can give me any other help.

Regards

Una

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,067 1,062 62 268
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Una.

Which type of photo book are you trying to make? You should see two facing pages and a lock icon on all types except layflat books, in which the image spans the entire spread. However, you can still drag layflat spreads left or right on the storyboard.

If you're making print-at-home photo book pages, there's no need to change the order, because you can print each page individually.

Please let us know,

RocketLife

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 9 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Sir/Madam

Thanks again for the reply. Don't know a name tby which to address you!

I am trying to make a 'Print at Home' book.  I still cannot move any pages. I cannot see the little lock anyplace.  Yes I appreciate I can print in the order I wish, but would like to be able to view as a 2 page spread, and also to move pages about.  Is it possible with the Print at Home option? 

Maybe that is the problem and that a 2-page spread and the moving of pages are only available in the Ordering system.   I have tried to test this, but when I try to Order a photobook it tells me that it is not available in my area - Ireland.

I have tried to Paste my screen from Photocreations but it won't paste in here!

Regards

Úna

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,067 1,062 62 268
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Una.

Thanks. I understand what's happening now. It's not possible to move the pages of a print-at-home book, because the program is designed to allow you to print each page individually. If you're adventurous, though, here's a trick you can use to preview the pages side by side: Set your region to United States, which will enable the ship-to-home projects.

Note that changing the region requires you to restart the program, so if you've started a project, be sure to save it first. Next, click the Globe button and select United States from the region list.

HPPC-language-menu.jpg

Next steps:

1. If you had started a photo book pages project, click the Open button to open it.
  2. Click the Full Catalog button.
  3. Click the Ship-To-Home tab and select one of the ship-to-home books with the same shape (for example, landscape).
  4. Click the Apply Design button to copy your design to the ship-to-home book.
  5. Edit as desired.
  6. Click the Catalog button.
  7. Copy your design back to a print-at-home "photo book pages" project.
  8. Print.

Remember to set your region back to Ireland when you're done.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for using HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

Highlighted
Level 1
15 9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear RocketLife

Thank you so much. I did exactly as you said, changing the location on the Globe to US, and I can see a lovely Photo Book with 2-page spread.  I can also see the little 'lock' and move pages about.  It is so great to have a problem solved.  While I know I cannot print it like this, it is about seeing how the whole spread looks.  I also hate to be defeated in anything I am trying to do!

Wonderful service from you.

Regards

Úna

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation