Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I downloaded the most recent version of the installation software for my HP Photosmart D110 (hoping in vain that it would allow me to adjust jpeg compression). After prompting me to connect my printer to the network using the Wireless Printing Wizard, I was asked for the IP address showing on my printer. I did so and pressed Next, at which point I was told that my printer could not be found. But my printer was connected and working! This was confirmed by the HP Solution Center, the Wireless Network Test Report my printer printed, and reality! Unfortunately I spent lots of time looking for a nonexistent problem. **bleep**? Can someone explain why this might happen?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

software hick up?

HP Recommended
I guess so. I tried using the HP scanning software for the first time last night (I'd used the basic Window Scan software previously with the HP driver), and it's so bad and slow that your answer is more than plausible. It's like using a computer in the late '80s. Do you know if there's any way to use third-party software with an HP printer? The problem with Windows is that it doesn't allow many adjustments. In particular, I'd like to adjust the level of jpeg compression, but using the HP software is just too slow, ugly, and painful.
HP Recommended

Please don't post twice....

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Make searchable PDF scans with this free scanning software -   https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.