cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kimberly1267
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Who else can I order a new printhead for my HP Officejet 6500A from?

HP Recommended

I tried to place an order online (I am military overseas) through the HP Parts Store.  They could take my order, process my credit card payment, and even recognized my APO, AE address well enough online.  Then they sent me an email confirming my order.  I checked my bank statement and it was charged $4.65 more than the price it told me online, or the price the confirmation email stated.  So, I emailed asking them why the increase.  I got a form response back from Hector Espinosa telling me I had to call them to ask about this.  I emailed back saying I was overseas and since I'd placed my order online, why couldn't they just check on it and tell me why the price difference.  He emailed back the same exact form letter again.  This time, I grew impatient with him and told him that I wasn't going to call in because I'm overseas as I'd said before and that he was welcome to call me.  Next thing I get from them is an email saying they cancelled my order because of an incorrect address.  The address is indeed correct, as I receive mail at it all the time.  It's also the same exact address registered with the credit card I used.  There was no issue with my address, the issue was with the Parts Store overcharging me and refusing to explain why in an email and wanted me to make an expensive overseas call to them to sort out why THEY overcharged me!

Why can't HP sell their parts themselves instead of using this outsourced company that has ZERO customer service and prefers everyone to place orders over the phone (NOT A SECURE WAY TO MAKE PURCHASES AND YOU HAVE NO DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG) and won't even discuss placed orders through emails with you? 

It's the "after the purchase" care that a person receives (or in this case doesn't) that determines whether they develop brand loyalty with a product or not.  I couldn't be more disappointed that I can't buy a printhead from HP directly and have to use this crappy Parts Store to get parts for my printer.  I think next time I'll find another brand printer and just avoid the hassle HP has created for me!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
finsfanlh45
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try Amazon.com they will tell u the price when you check out.

0 Kudos
kimberly1267
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried them, they sent me one that said it was a Genuine HP printhead for my printer but it was the wrong one. I had to return it and it takes so long to get mail to us over in the UK (we're American military) that I can't wait to order another one. Was hoping for someone else, or even a UK company.

Thanks for your reply!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation