cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JaxC1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 21 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Why does my HP Officejet 4500 say "no scan options?"

I am on a Windows 8.1 laptop. I have been trying to scan for the past two days and I cannot get my printer to cooperate with me! I have tried restarting the laptop and unplugging the printer from the outlet and usb and back on....still doesn't work. I also tried installing the HP Print and Scan Doctor and it did not fix the issue. I tried troubleshooting by right clicking the yellow exclamation point on the laptop in the device and printers button and it said there was not driver. I then tried installing the driver and it did not work. It kept giving me a error window that said the file is not working. Someone please help me and guide me step by step. Nothing is working.

0 Kudos
JaxC1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 22 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I also tried finding the HP Service Center and I tried to download something for it and nothing.

0 Kudos
brokenfinger Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@kcjones wrote:

Why does my HP Officejet 4500 say "no scan options?" It used to scan to PDF files til yesterday.  Troubleshoot does not help.

0 Kudos
JaxC1 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 24 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I ended up calling the HP hotline and they charged me $24.99 to my credit card for technical support. It turns out that my HP Printer is out of date. They could not fix the issue and suggested I purchase a newer printer to support my new Windows 8.1 laptop. They could not do anything to fix the issue as the driver could not install...oh! and they told me that the HP doctor thingamajig was actually a replacement for the HP Solution Center. 

0 Kudos
seagram Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The solution offered did not help.

I have downloaded the 'doctor' several

times but to no avail

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation