cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bozco1
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does my printer no longer simply scan and print directly from my printer only(it used to...)?

Same as subject!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 4 Icarus
Level 4
63 61 4 7
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does my printer no longer simply scan and print directly from my printer only(it used to...)?

Hello bozco1,

I am sorry that you are having this issue with your printer.  I would like additional information to better assist you.  Please feel free to add any additional information that I have not asked below.  Thanks!

1.  What kind of printer is this? Ex. (OJ8500, OJ4500, Photosmart, Photosmart eStation)

2.  What is the model number of the printer? Ex. (A909a, G510g, C310a, C510a)

3.  At the current time can you print or scan using the Hp software form your PC?

4.  Depending on the type of printer you have; can you print a self test page or status report?

5.  Can you make a copy from the scanner bed or Automatic Document Feader.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
Level 5 Btek
Level 5
265 265 7 41
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

You might try doing a hard reset on the printer by simply unplugging the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is on, wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in again. This will often times clear up any issues inside the printer. It would also be helpful to know what type of printer it is and what model, how it is connected to the computer and if you are able to print and scan from the computer.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.
0 Kudos
degm35
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OFFICE JET 4500      It won't scan, copy or print as of this morning 7 June 2013          On the screen it says it won't scan, print or copy and it sertqainly does not     

0 Kudos
degm35
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP OFFICE JET 4500      It won't scan, copy or print as of this morning 7 June 2013          On the screen it says it won't scan, print or copy and it  certaintly  does not     

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,641 4,604 367 875
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi degm35,

I understand that your printer is not printing and scanning.   I have a couple of questions for you.

What operating system is your computer?

Are you getting that error message on the printer?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation