Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Office jet pro 6968. Started with saying paper is jammed but there is no paper jammed. Would not do anything. Then it decided to update, it says Download succesfull please wait. It has said this for over two hours. Not sure what to do at this point. I have only had this printer for 5 months. Replaced black ink once. ????

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @SMW44,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing false paper jam issues with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the paper sensors are not working.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays

If the issue persists, then you may need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I would love to contact them but when I go there it doesnt give me a phone number to call. This is really frustrating.  My printer has been saying its shutting down since last night but wont shut down.  Its 5 months old and barely used.

HP Recommended

Please help me. I followed the instructions. I unplugged it and went through all the steps.  My printer heads is locked to the right. Will not go to the left at all. The message I am getting now is both  papaer jam and now there is a problem with your printer or print system. Turn the printer off and then on if you continue to get this message.  I did that to.  Message error 0x6100004a.  My warranty is obviously still good. 

HP Recommended

@SMW44

Thanks for the reply.

Click here and follow the document to fix this issue.

If that does not work.

Click on HP Phone support and type your printer model.

Select paid support option to get the phone number.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank  you, I finally get to point where it checks status of warranty. Says I have 7 months left then it says:

Sorry, our system is down at this time. LOVELY

HP Recommended

@SMW44

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I have sent the required information in private message.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.