cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chrisinestes
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Why is this HP Photosmart 7525 printer installed as a bootable device in my system BIOS?

HP Recommended
Photosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This system is built from scratch from all new componants. I've had booting issues from time to time, and noticed that this HP Photosmart 7525 printer is listed as a bootable device in the system's BIOS.

Why the heck would a printer need to be listed as a bootable device?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,513
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You should call the system bios people and ask them.
0 Kudos
chrisinestes
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More looking around seems to indicate it's because the printer has a card reader, and a USB port.

I don't know if installing the HP printer driver puts it there, or if the BIOS finds it after the driver is installed., though.

Chris

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,513
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
That may be possible. Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
chrisinestes
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep... I'll just call it good...

Chris

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation