cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Why wont my HP Photosmart accept the WPA Passphrase that my other wireless devices accept?

HP Recommended

Tendia Modem wth a Dell Laptop and Gateway Desktop both wiht Windows Vista Home

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 525
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello TimC46,

I'm not sure what printer you are using as the troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the model.

However, there is a forum post thread here that may have some tips that may help resolve your issue.

HP Photosmart C4780 Won't Connect (Wirelessly) to Mac or Wireless Network

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the Wireless Set up wizard and after several tries, the Printer accepted the password and I could print.  A short time later, the printer was no longer on line.  When I ran the Wireless Network Test report it stated the passphrase no longer matched.  I have a Gateway PC using Windows Vista and the router is still functioning.  This has been going on for several months.  In the past I merely rebooted the Photosmart Plus Printer and that solved the problem. I bought the printer about 10 months ago and it worked fine for about 4-5 months then started having these passphrase issues.  Any suggestions or questions gladly accepted.     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello TimC46

Please follow the How do I find my Model Number? article and please provide your printer model. Several printers are labled Photosmart Plus. Has your modem been updated or replaced at all? You may also want to try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation