Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer was working fine with my old pc running Windows 7 (both wirelessly and cable connected). I had to get a new computer running Windows 10 and have installed the printer with latest drivers etc. However, it simply won't print more than one job. If I send something to print, it prints, but then remains in the print queue stopping any subsequent jobs from printing.

I have tried cancelling jobs and deleting them, but they are stuck there. The only way I can get rid of them is to reboot both my computer and the printer - but obviously, this is ridiculous - I can't reboot every single time I want to print something. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ Turnoppics

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that print job get stuck in print queue and you are unable to print on HP Deskjet 4630 printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Clear the print queue.
  • Stop the print spooler service.
  • Reset the printer and the computer.
  • Use a printing troubleshooting tool.
  • Assign a manual IP address to your printer.

Click here and follow the step 3 video to stop print spooler.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ink catridges problem

remmove and reinstall the indicated ink catridge, making sure it is correctly installed, and then touch ok

Kindly note that the ink catridge was replaced on Friday 21st April. It printed there and then.

The following day it just would not print and has been giving the above error message which is quite frustrating.

I have carried out the instruction over and over again still it would not print and it kept repeating this error message.

Please help!

HP Recommended

Greetings @DorUwa

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a ink cartridge problem on your printer.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know which printer are you using? As you have replied to a different post, are you using  Deskjet 4630 as well?

Request you follow the procedure mentioned in this HP Article.

If the issue persists, please replace the problem cartridge as suggested in Solution 7 in the article.

Even after replacing the problem cartridge, if you get the same error.

Request you to contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer as suggested in the printer.

Keep me posted. 

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**
**Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**
I Work On Behalf Of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.