Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,904 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 2008 - HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6

Hi

I have a number of HP Laserjet 2100 which I can install onto our 64bit Windows 2008 servers.  However when I try to install additional drivers for x86 systems and direct the dialog box to the location where the drivers have been unzipped to I receive the following message -

The specified location does not contain the driver HP LaserJet 2100 PCL6 for the requested processor architecture.

The driver I've downloaded is lj2100pcl5ewin2kxp2003-en.exe

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 2008 - HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6

Resolved!

You have to add the additional drivers from an x86 workstation.  To do this I navigated to the "Printers and Faxes" share on the domain controller or printer server.  Right clicked on the printer in question, select properties, click sharing, click additional drivers, put a tick against the operating system you wish to install the driver for then following the prompts.

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,899 Views)

Re: Windows 2008 - HP Laserjet 2100 PCL6

Resolved!

You have to add the additional drivers from an x86 workstation.  To do this I navigated to the "Printers and Faxes" share on the domain controller or printer server.  Right clicked on the printer in question, select properties, click sharing, click additional drivers, put a tick against the operating system you wish to install the driver for then following the prompts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation