cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jonwww
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post

Windows 7--64bit--Scanjet 4300c

HP Recommended

Is there anyway I can get drivers for this setup? Been using the scanner for a few years on WinXP 32bit OS & working great, upgraded to Win7 recently & cannot find drivers for it anywhere. I've tried some other Scanjet model drivers with Vista 64bit support but none have worked yet. Is there any chance these drivers will ever be made or is there some way to modify some other drivers to work with it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
scandroid
Level 5
Level 5
282 281 4 22
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jonwww,

I have not tried this, but you could try to install the drivers in 'compatibility mode.'

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
0 Kudos
jonwww
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Unfortuanately I've tried using the compatibility mode & it doesn't seem to make any difference. I tried a few different OS versions of XP & Vista. I've installed a couple other things in compatibility mode & they work, but unless I"m doing something wrong with this, it doesn't.
0 Kudos
scandroid
Level 5
Level 5
282 281 4 22
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jonwww,

I found this link showing that the 4300 is not supported on Win7.Sorry for the bad news.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/printer-support/us/en/scanjet.html

0 Kudos
dylan65
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using the scanjet 4300c successfully in windows 7 64bit.

Download "windows xp mode" from ms. XP mode only works with professional and ultimate versions not home premium. This emulates windows xp 32bit in windows 7. The download is about 500mb and you'll need about 1gb free hdd space.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
jonwww
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'll definitely try it & report back! I didn't think that the XP mode would work for driver issues so I didn't try it. Thanks!
0 Kudos
scandroid
Level 5
Level 5
282 281 4 22
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's a link to someone who used compatibility mode for his/her officejet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=PrintingWin7&thread.id=21

0 Kudos
Flunsan
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi there. Unfortunately I happen to have home premium and I would really like to get my scanjet 4300c to work? I've got vista 64bit right now but haven't gotten it to work at all. I've ordered the "free" windows 7 disc and I hope it works without any emulation, does it?
0 Kudos
dylan65
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 4300c doesn't seem to work with any 64-bit OS. I've unsuccessfully tried using compatibility mode in Windows 7 64-bit. Emulation works because it simulates a 32-bit OS. With hindsight, it was probably easier just to buy a new scanner.

If you find a better solution than emulation, please let us know.

0 Kudos
jonwww
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As dylan65 said this does indeed work using the WindowsXP Virtual mode! It's a little bit of a pain to have to use it this way but for the amount of scanning I do it's not worth it to me to buy a new scanner yet. I mainly use it for copying something here & there. For me the hardest part of this project was getting my printer set up in the XP Virtual mode because it's a networked printer & the setup wizard didn't want to cooperate. If I was using the scanner on a daily or even weekly basis I would most likely get a new scanner though.

Thanks for the help all, especially dylan65 and I hope this post helps someone else.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation