Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 Driver Download

I have bought a new Windows 7 laptop.

I went online to download the Windows 7 driver for my HP8500 wireless printer.

The 1st 345MB download appeared to work well but every time I opened the HPSolution Centre it said my installation was not complete. The meesage said I needed to insert my CD but my only CD was Windows XP. The alternative was to open the Help file but I couldn't find any HP Help file. However, my printer did print but with the print slightly shrunk.

I deleted everything HP and started again. The 345MB file downloded again without any problem. When I tried to extract the contents they extracted to fresh air. I tried to extract the files again and again they went to fresh air.

I can't find the exrtracted files anywhere but I do have a 'Shop for HP Supplies' file - not very helpful.

Has anyone got any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,084 41,337 4,512 11,809
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look on the barcoded sticker and post the complete model number

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but that is how I got the download.

The downloaded file was   OJP8500vA909_Full_13

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it going to hurt to post all of the information from the sticker except the serial number?
Help me help you. . I can't look at your printer from here.

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

0 Kudos
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The model No. is

CB023A

CB023-64001

Serial number is [Personal Information Removed]

CB023A was used to find the download.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK. 🙂

Why are you trying to extract files from the download?

If you just need the drivers for either printer or scanner they are available.

Did you happen to see this in the same place that you downloaded the file?info.PNG

Are you extracting with Winrar or winzip? Generally the trick is to extract files to a folder with a name and location that is easy to find. If the exe file is self extracting then look for a folder called HP or something of that note.

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation