cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BradAD
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 7 - Driver install fails error code - 536870141 no clues?

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a 64bit Windows 7 desktop (work group only). I'm trying to install the drivers only for the OfficeJet 4650 using the administrative account with "User Account Control" turned off. I want to install the basic driver set only - I have tried using the following install options - Web, the CD and downloading the driver set "OJ4650_Basicx64_72" and get the same error each time the driver seems to almost install. I have created a HP folder "C:\Program Files\HP" and given it "everyone" Full Control because I had been recieving an error suggesting that the installation did not have permission to write to this folder. I have also tried to install the driver from DVD by right clicking on the .INF files, but these INF files do not support installation.

The full error message that is displayed is 

Installation Error

Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error - 536870141 for package 'C:\Program Files\HP\HP OfficeJet 4650 series\DriverStore\NGScanDriver\HPWia_OJ4650.INF'

Please help - I'm unable to find a good reference to this error code.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,914
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BradAD,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you would like to install just the basic driver for the OfficeJet  4650 but are receiving the error "Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error - 536870141 for package C:\Progeam Files\HP\HP Officejet 4650 series\DriverStore\NGSccanDriver\HPWia_OJ4650.INF.

If I understood correctly, you are trying to install it under admin and share if for each profile.  You will need to  install the driver on each account.  If the issue remains, please follow the steps in the following post by @Drakster and let me know the results. Error: 536870141  The printer model will not be the same but the steps will be.  

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!  

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation