Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Very useful post, great resource, just wish I had found it before I had (nearly) finished my install. :HalfEyes: But have bookmarked for future reinstall. However you had a couple of useful driver updates that didn't come from WindowsUpdate or I had found myself. Reason I found your post was because my volume mute and slider buttons are not working. My details:

HP dv9615tx
Win7 Ultimate N build 7600 with media player addon

Modded NVIDIA Driver 195.81 win7x32

HP Quick Launch Buttons sp46731
Realtek RTL8101 Lan
ENE CIR Receiver sp44983
Various other softpaqs as per your post

I removed the default MS QLB driver (which didn't work either), then rebooted, and installed the sp46731 as you recommended. The systray volume icon works, and if I use it to mute the volume the blue bezel mute button turns red, and green when unmuted. However, the bezel buttons do nothing. I have also removed the QLB driver in safe mode, rebooted in safe mode and installed sp46731, deleted the keyboard filter driver in safe mode and re-installed sp46731, but bezel buttons still don't work.

Also the remote is not working to activate media center nor to change selection when media center is running.

Any suggestions?

Edit:not sure if it relevant but under keyboards in devmgmt there is a  "Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB" keyboard, driver is HP ver 6.5.1.2, "plugged into keyboard port". There is also a "HID Keyboard device", driver is MS ver 6.1.7600.16385, "on HP Quick Launch Buttons". Under HID there is a "HP Quick Launch Buttons" device, driver is HP ver 4.20.10.0, "on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815". There seems to be too many QLB drivers, should the MS driver be deleted? They are all "working correctly" according to devmgmt.

Edit 2: There is also a seperate folder "QLBCASL" in the \program files\hewlett-packard folder, as well as the "HP Quick Launch Buttons" folder. Should this be there? I suspect I have some crap left over from an incorrect/failed previous install of a different version of QLB (I tried a few before finding your wonderful guide).

Cheers

HP Recommended

Great guide. Thank you for all your job.

Just a couple of questions (I have a Pavillion dv6705el):

-I installed first the graphic card driver downloaded from the nVIDIA web site (before to discover this important support forum) and relevant to graphic card GE Force 8400 (driver 195.62). Then I installed the chipset (coprocessor) for AMD and other drivers, but when I do the windows compatibility test (windows 7 upgrade advisor), the result is that the coprocessor driver is not suitable for win7. Should I remove all the drivers and then to re-install all of them starting from the coprocessor driver??

-Is there any difference among the nVIDIA driver I installed and the MODED drivers included in your guide.

many thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@bovolo2

Hi,

Everything is fine with Your installation.

Windows 7 upgrade advisor is not so great tool as all users think. It often gives bad report about card readers and graphic cards so don't worry about it.

If Your system is wroking correct (which means then You don't have any yellow marks in device manager and Your notebook doesn't overheat) then don't worry about anything.

The same driver which You installed for your graphic card is posted by me too on page 2 in this thread. This modded driver which I gave here works on most graphic card without problems.

It's really hard to find this one driver which will give theb best results for all graphic models. I'm sure that You know about it.

I can say one thing more. In this week I will try to update some things. For sure it wil be fingeprint and graphic card section.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@Dougal

Hi,

First uninstall ENE CIR Receiver driver (sp44983) and restart Your system. It's not for You.

From this what I know driver for Your remote You may find through Windows Update.

I don't understand this problem with "bezel". Can You explain me that?

Write me which function key don't work, what kind of light is on it in various situations.

For example: mute button don't work and have orange light all the time.

Show me photo from device manager with this unnecessary driver in Your opinion too.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply,

The system seems to work ok   (but I didn't not yet stressed it so I don't know if it should overheat). Thus I checked in control panel and I have found a yellow mark in system device manager (other devices) so I don't know if i have done everything correctly. All other device seems to be OK.

Any suggestion or test to do for final checking??

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Go to: Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign with exclamation mark ( ) and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here hardware id . This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

After this what You wrote You may be sure then it's ok.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Daniel. I have removed ENE CIR, is there an IR driver for this model (it has a built in remote, but it isn't working).

By "bezel buttons" I mean the touch sensitive buttons acros the top above the keyboard (not the function keys). They are shown on page 4 of the manual at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01080334.pdf. The include the QuickPlay and DVD button on the left (never used), the media control buttons (start, stop, pause, etc), a volume mute button, and two volume up/down buttons with a slider in between. I have only ever used the mute, up, down and slider before (with XP and Vista), but they are not working with my Win7 install. By not working I mean the lights are on, and the mute will change to orange if I use the systray volume icon to mute, and back to blue if I unmute with the systray icon, but pressing the blue/orange button itself doesn't do anything (light doesn't change and mute/unmute doesn't happen).

Here is a shot showing the three devices I mentioned.

And here are the properties for each:

HP Recommended

@Dougal

You haven't post those screens. If You don't know how to do it check below link:

Guide: How to take and post a screenshot on HP costumer Support Forum

HP Recommended

I did post them, but I don't get the same screen as in the instructions you linked. I have reposted them, lets see if they are visible this time (maybe finger trouble last time).

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel, still didn't work. I can see the images, but suspect that is because they are still on my machine and not uploading. In the link you sent the flash dialog has three tabs, but in my machine it only has one (in both FF and IE8). Can I email them to you, or is there another method to upload them?

Cheers

Dougal

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.