Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this Daniel.

I managed to do the upgrade without any problems about a week ago, but I decided to re-format my computer today and now I am not being able to download the Nvidia graphics controler. I don't know if the host deleted the files or if it's simply temporarily down. I'll try again later, but if that doesn't work is there any alternative place where those files are hosted?

EDIT: The site it's obviously down, probably just temporary, I'll check it again tomorrow.

HP Recommended

@Dougal

First attempt Smiley Wink

Be sure that You aren't connected to internet when You will do this procedure.

Uninstall current HP QLB version from system.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Restart Your system.

On boot press F8 and choose Safe mode.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Human Interfac Devices

Check is there still HP QLB on the list. Check also other things there to be sure that they aren't connected with this function. If yes then click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Keyboards

Check is there still HID and keyboard with HP QLB on the list. If You will find something then click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

Try to install HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.12.1 for 32/64 bit Win7) in safe mode. If there will be any error message then try to run it as administrator. This option You may choose by clicking on file with right button of Your mouse.

I'm not sure then this can be done so just try it.

If this not work then restart Your system and this time start it in normal mode.

If system will propose You installation of any driver click on cancel button.

HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.12.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Aside friom the obvious---is the 64 bit software actually installed---how did you install the 3GB ram (modules/postions)---and in what machine.

Have been away from this forum for over 5 years but in glossing over the recent posts here and elsewhere  it is VERY apparent people have many problems with DVD writer/player installs.  Chances are---if the unit is 2 to 3 years old--it went out of adjustment--- or died. Units made before that time still seem to be purring right along. Usually goes something like this---it can play DVD----but cant write to or read from a cd. When new units can be had for about 50.00---why spend more than 1 frustrating hour trying to "update software", flash the bios, install firmware yada yada yada.

HP Recommended

Many thanks! why did I not find this page before?!

I have tried my solution on a Pavilion dv6772eg (I use Windows 7 64 Bit), the only difference is the nVidia chipset which I used is the SP36213 : "NVIDIA chipset Driver Vista"

http://eleternoretorno.blogspot.com/2010/01/solved-hp-pavilion-dv6772eg-running.html

HP Recommended

Daniel,

You are the man first of all... No one else is as helpful as you :).  I couldn't figure out how to get my fingerprint reader to work properly nor my device manager being up to date.  I have a quick question:

My fingerprint reader works now (the AES2501a) but it takes between 1 ~ 2 minutes for the reader to be detected at startup.  I have the screen which says "please swipe your finger to login" but when i swipe my finger nothing happens.  If i wait a bit, the message changes to "detecting reader" for about 3 seconds then "please swipe your finger to login" again.  After that detecting reader message, I am able to swipe my finger and login.  Is there anyway to make this run properly?  I remember in Vista the fingerprint reader was ready to go when the login screen came up.  I am dealing with a FRESH install of Win 7 Pro and I have an HP DV6700CTO with 2.4ghz processor, 3gb ram, and a geforce 8400m gs graphics card.  Please help me out man, I know you can 🙂

Thanks,

-Matt

HP Recommended

@mjg323

Hi,

Check my answer for BruceDawson2 on page 8. This solution will work for You too.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I have dv6910ea and everything works great except for the webcam.  Apart from in yahoo messenger, the image very dark in AIM and MSN messenger.  I cant change the exposure levels or set them to auto or anything.  It is also really dark in the YouCam software.

Where can I find the correct drivers to allow my webcam to function properly without it being really dark.  I love windows 7, but can some please tell me how to get the drivers working for windows 7 64 bit.

HP Recommended

I didn't work. I have ENE CIR receiver version 2.5.0 and it's working good. may be i'm doing something wrong in instalation?

HP Recommended

it's not working. may be i'm doing something wrong. after that quick launch buttons stopped working .

HP Recommended

i have version 2.5.0 and working good. i tried with this one but nothing better even worse-some buttons stopped also.any suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.