Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installrd Windows 7 (64 bit) and can't get my HP 895cxi printer to work. Supposedly it is compatible. I think I somehow downloaded a driver for 895cxe. I have deleted the device from my computer several times, but when I plug it back into the USB slot, it is misidentified as a cxe. When I try to print I always get a print error. I have tried to download the correct driver from the HP site and get a message that the driver is downloading, but never have any evidence that it reached my computer and the printer still doesn't print. How do I remove the cxe driver, get my printer correctly identified, and download the correct driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Deskjet 895Cxe and 895Cxi are the same printer model, they were just supplied through different sales channels.  The driver is identical.  What driver are you trying to download?  There is no downloadable Windows 7 driver for the Deskjet 895 series on HP's site, there are only instructions for installing the drivers available through Windows Update.

What is the error message you get when you try to print?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The Deskjet 895Cxe and 895Cxi are the same printer model, they were just supplied through different sales channels.  The driver is identical.  What driver are you trying to download?  There is no downloadable Windows 7 driver for the Deskjet 895 series on HP's site, there are only instructions for installing the drivers available through Windows Update.

What is the error message you get when you try to print?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Bob. I used your suggestion for installing driver from Windows Update and I'm up and running. Thanks so much for the help. Problem solved!

HP Recommended

Hello.

I'm using this printer under Windows 7 (32 bits) on a HP ProBook 4420s.  I connect the printer using a UBS Port Replicator.

How can I avoid the "Duplicate Printers Displayed After Reconnecting USB Printer" situation described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217076 if there is no latest driver?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have this HP 895Cxi since 2004 and had no troublr in instalation. About 10 times  I have intalled it under XP on diffrent systems. Recently I have repeated the instalation on my office system on XP successfully. but I am not able to do the same on Windows 7.

When I try to install the windows updates the driver list and the required printer appears, I click  and instalation starts but after a while an fialure error appears and that all.

Please help if anybody know the solution. 

thanks

Mahmood Malik

HP Recommended

I have a similiar problem with my HP deckjet 932C which i have used since 2004 using XP.  I just bought a new computer which has Windows 7.  The computer does not see this printer and when i try to install using the CD i get the message tht the computer has been set up not to enable NT 4.0 driver downloads.  I have also tried to down load the driver directly from HP and it still does not work or down load correctly.

Sorry , couldnt help you but we may be having a common problem.

if i find a solution i will pass it on to you.

rokie

HP Recommended

please send the drive this printer

hp 985cxi deskjet for window seven

HP Recommended

The drivers for the Deskjet 895 is provided through Windows Update. See instructions for installing the drivers available through Windows Update.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

For the Deskjet 932 see http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-930/932c-Printer-series/25305/model/19034

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thanks, bob!

Your solution worked.

My problem was a little bit different.

Windows 7 PRO did not recognize the printer, ended up with an "unidentified device" and, of course, did not set up a Virtual USB port (USB001) so I could not do a manual install.

Followed the link you suggested, and the solution was under 

Windows 7 Update Failed to Install the Driver

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

Need to follow the instructions to the letter.

After I plugged in the USB cable Windows 7 recognised the printer, installed the driver and created the printer.

Must've clicked once too many somewhere, I ended up with 2 Deskjet 895s.

The "real' one is the one which shows HP Deskjet 895 *AND* USB Printing support under Properties/Hardware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.