Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 24 (33,834 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 and scanning. HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One printer

I have had some experience in the past with an upgrade from Windows 2000 to XP and a Printer/Scanner, I cannot remember which one now, but I managed to get an upgrade for the printer but the scanner never worked again despite numerous phone calls to HP. I have a HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One printer and I am just about to upgrade my computer from XP to Windows 7. Is there an upgrade which will manage both the Printer and Scanner?
Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 7 and scanning. HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One printer

Thanks. New PC is being delivered next week. I will report back on whether this works or not

View solution in context
Dean
Message 2 of 24 (33,829 Views)

HP has released the full support drivers and software for Printer C5180 compatible with which can be downloaded from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30777/mp-76232-1/AIO_CDA_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe

Installing this software will get the All-In-Out printer to its full functionality...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
Message 3 of 24 (33,817 Views)

Thanks. New PC is being delivered next week. I will report back on whether this works or not

Honor Student
Message 4 of 24 (33,532 Views)

I've run the AIO_CDA_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe and have in fact uninstalled and re-installed but still cannot get scanning funcationality to work.  I get the following error msg.....'The scan connot be performed because another program or computer is using the networked HP imaging device.  Try again later.'  8, [(0,18, -2147467259)]. 

There are no other devices using the printer....so I'm not sure where to go from here to get it to work.  When I try to use the Scan Menu on the printer itself...it just seems to hang up and not complete....resulting in me having to power it off/on.

Any ideas???

Honor Student
Message 5 of 24 (33,479 Views)

I'm having the same problem - a Win 7 (64-bit).  The C5180 will start the scan, but then won't complete it.  It doesn't perform it and doesn't show up anywhere (?)   There was reference to a file in the HP folder in programs......but am I missing something on what to do with it?  When I click on that file, it simply opens the program and does the same thing.   Any recommendations??   Is HP likely to issue a fix??

Thanks!

Student
Message 6 of 24 (33,118 Views)

I am having the exact same issue.  Working with Windows 7 on my laptop, fine to print, but have to unplug and turn to my family computer to scan.  That's not why I bought the c5180.  Time to look for a new printer....needless to say, not an HP.  Unless they come up with some kind of patch or update this week, I'm gone for good this time.  Lexmark and Brothers make some nice AIO models.

Perk

Honor Student
Message 7 of 24 (32,998 Views)

I'm having the same problem - a Win 7 (32-bit).  C5283 !

HP, please fix it!

Top Student
Message 8 of 24 (28,840 Views)

I installed the file in the link, SCAN still does not work for Photosmart printers, mine C5280, as of November 2010!

Student
Message 9 of 24 (25,328 Views)

Windows 7 and scanning. HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One printer.

When trying to scan something, I get a window that says..."scanner is being used by another program. Nothing else is being used How do I remedy this

Student
Message 10 of 24 (24,527 Views)

Thank you very much it worked. I followed the instructions and downloaded the file. i had to run it a couple of times and then turn off the computer. It won't work with the USB straight from the computer to the printer but I can run scan on the network - I just have to do the scan using the buttons on the printer not the computer.

I have been tearing my hair out all day - so thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation