Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (3,698 Views)

Windows 7 driver for Epson Action Laser 1500.

Need Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Action Laser 1500.  I think HP Laser Jet 3Si will work.  I can't seem to find it. Any help?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 6 (3,684 Views)

Re: Windows 7 driver for Epson Action Laser 1500.

Hey there. The Laserjet 3Si is not longer a supported printer. I would suggest contacting Epson regarding the driver issue. They should be able to provide you with a suitable driver for your device.

Best of luck,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (3,680 Views)

Hello to you, SeanS,

Thanx for the reply, I appreciate your taking the time to help.  I have been to the Epson website, and I will try again, but a part of my frustration over this matter is due to the fact that they seem to be VERY interested in my purchasing a new printer rather than in helping to solve my issue.  

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 6 (3,668 Views)

I have checked out the Epson website and it appears they do not list the driver for the ActionLaser 1500. I did link a discussion where a user was able to install the printer in Windows 7 by using a parallel to USB adapter. Here is the link: Epson Action Laser 1500

Have you tried installing the printer using the WIndows Update?

Thanks
Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (3,655 Views)

SeanS

I have tried installing the printer using Windows Update but it doesn't show HP LaserJet 3Si or Epson AL 1500.  I have attempted to randomly select some drivers that LOOK like they might be compatible, but no luck so far.  Be aware that I have ordered a USB to Parallel converter cable but I have not received it yet. Thanx for the tip... if it works I'll let you know... if it doesn't it's back to square one... I am a hard case and I don't give up easy. 

Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,903 Views)

Am using Win 7 Home Premium.  Just installed the Epson Action Laser 1500 as an HP LaserJet III on LPTI.  Printed the test page and it worked like a champ.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation