Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 laptop can't print to PSC 2410 attached to Windows XP desktop on home network

The subject line pretty much says it all.  I finally got the laptop to see the printer and went thru Windows update to find our printer model, but when I print a test page nothing happens.  I tried setting it up as a network printer but couldn't find a driver (which it required).  I finally went through the local printer option to get as far as I did with it.  I tried also getting on the XP desktop to add a printer driver for Windows 7 64 bit OS but that option isn't available...I was under the Sharing tab for the printer.

This is very frustrating because I had no problems setting up my Vista laptop.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Windows 7 laptop can't print to PSC 2410 attached to Windows XP desktop on home network

Try the following: on the Windows 7 machine go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), OK, then click on Windows Update and then select HP for the manufacturer and HP PSC 2400 series when the list refreshes.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Windows 7 laptop can't print to PSC 2410 attached to Windows XP desktop on home network

Try the following: on the Windows 7 machine go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), OK, then click on Windows Update and then select HP for the manufacturer and HP PSC 2400 series when the list refreshes.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation