The HP Community is here for you.
01-03-2013 07:34 PM
When will Windows 8 64-bit driver update be available for HP LaserJet P1006? I would prefer to not have to purchase a new printer. I have checked the website for downloads, but the message says the update will be available in late 2012.... it's now 2013! I'm ready to print!
01-05-2013 03:16 AM
Try with the basic driver with the following steps:
1. Download the next driver to the windows desktop >> ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en.exe [1/1, 3.54M]
2. Once downloaded in the desktop right click the driver file and select Properties.
3. Click on Compatibility tab.
4. Check the box where it says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
5. In the dropdown option select "Windows 7"
6. And in Privilege Level check the box where it says "Run this program as an administrator"
7. Now click on Apply and OK buttons to close the Properties window.
8. Then start the instalation, double click the driver file "ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en"
It may look like the next screenshot:
Hope these steps helps you
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
01-17-2013 06:14 PM
this doesnt work...come on hp, you said end of 2012 for this printer drivers to be released and its now 2013..i know ill never purchase another hp product due to [Text Deleted]...
01-18-2013 03:35 AM
Well, i tried with different printers, using Windows 8 - 64bit and the results are.....
Laserjet CP1215 - Windows 8 - working....
Photosmart D110a - Windows 8 - working.........
Laserjet CP1025nw - Windows 8 - working.....
04-14-2013 02:22 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 05:15 PM by OscarFuentes
Some of the HP printers do accept this workaround (see HP's Support Page for the P1006), but many do not. Unfortunately, the P1006 is one of those.
04-25-2013 12:53 PM
It is still not avilable and it is April 25. I can print with every new Linux distro but my family can't print. I run the compatiable mode and other drivers and it prints once and than never prints again!
I should expect that a printer can last longer than 5 years? People dont print much anymore and I don't need to have a laser printer that the drivers go out.
Plus one for Open Source and Minus one for Windows 8 and closed drivers.
05-06-2013 07:26 AM
When will Windows 8 64-bit driver update be available for HP LaserJet P1006? I had to buy a new printer when I started Vista. I don't like to do it again.
05-08-2013 09:57 AM
The website says it is coming soon. If you are having trouble printing, you can try to download an alternative driver to get it functioning.
(Shane_R) has a great post on how to download it.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.