cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Linkjs2006
Level 1
9 3 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Wipe complete configurations on Cold Reset

HP Recommended
4000 series 4014 4015 4515
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In a last ditch effort to get firmware onto my printer, I checked this box found in 'other settings' on the EWS of my Laserjet P4015x. This is under the Networking tab. Full description:

Wipe complete configurations on Cold Reset.

Enable this checkbox to clear all the settings stored on the device during next cold reset. This will erase all information including the stored certificates.

Note: By default all the settings stored in the device will be encrypted.

Now I can't get into the embedded jetdirect of my printer to configure ip settings. Anytime I do attempt this, the printer either freezes or gives me a 49.FF01 error. Please do not tell me that it means there was a firmware issue and to buy a new formatter board. I wouldn't be here if that's what I was going to do.

It still retains its ip address because it's coming out on the configuration page I printed. I can access the ftp port folder and ping it from the command prompt, but the ews is no longer available. Firmware upgrades are partial and/or ineffective with no new results. I've left the printer on for the DC Controller and Formatter to communicate with no results.

I'm thinking that the problem might be that all the information is encrypted and inaccessible straightforwardly.

Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation