Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows XP

Officejet 4650 is on a Wireless network with 3 computers sharing the printer. One computer is a IPad and two are Windows XP Professional. One of the Windows computers print with no problem. The other Installs with no issues, but when you try to print the printer icon shows up in the sys-tray but then disappears with no printing.

I ran the HP Officejet manager and am able to scan and print test pages, so the printer is working but only with the manager. I have tried with Word, Explorer, Outlook and other program.

I have un-installed and re-installed the installation disk and downloaded the newest install program from HP but no joy:-(

Can you help

Arkairdale

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Arkairdale

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the Wireless Network printing on Officejet 4650 isn't working on one of the three computers,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know that WinXP is no longer supported by Microsoft as it's an Obsolete OS? I would like to let you know that I can only provide basic support due to the same,

That said, Did you look for any HP Articles to resolve your concern?

If you haven't, please try the steps below:

If you have a wireless-capable HP printer and want to install it on a wireless network, follow these steps.

Important: You must follow these steps in the order presented.

Step one: Gather the required network setup items

• Network name: The network name is the SSID

• WEP key or WPA security passphrase

• A computer that is connected to the wireless network

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL

NOTE:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services or get product updates.

• Your wireless-capable HP printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure

• A USB cable (used only during installation). Do not connect the cable now

Step two: Prepare for installation

1. Make sure that the HP printer, access point, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the wireless network.

2. Exit all applications running on your computer.

3. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the HP printer.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the install with a 6 foot USB Cable and I got the same outcome. The router is from the internet provider, Centurylink. The two XP Computers are less than 6 feet from the wireles router and the Officejet 4650 is right next to the router.

I have also removed everything that is or was and HP product or driver. The only place that I have not looked is in the Regristry, I was saving that for last because I hoped maybe HP had a utility that would remove all of the links in both Program files and the Regristy.

Arkairdale

HP Recommended

@Arkairdale

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Removing application/drivers from all sources including registry doesn't help your cause, 
unless you're planning to install a fresh copy.

That said, I recommend you install the latest driver from the HP website: Click here to find it,

Then, click here to play the video on YouTube about steps to connect your printer to the wireless network using a USB cable.

Go through the entire article I had shared earlier (Here's the link, again) to help resolve your concern,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.