Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8710
iOS

About  6 months ago I replaced an all in one HP Printer when none of my devices would not print wirelessly.  I didn't change anything and tried all the suggestions to fix the problem but it would not find the printer. 

So I bought a new one thinking maybe it was the printer.  I got it to print once and it never worked again. I have followed all the instructions in the printer box, have read these forums, searched the internet and nothing works. Used to be able to just click print but 

printer is connected to wifi with a strong signal.  Device (iPhone, iPad and MacBook) also connected to same wifi.  

Tonight i I got a photo on my iPad to print.  But I cannot get any information from any webpage to print. When I click on the print capability either in the webpage or on the device, it says printer not recognized. How can it be recognized for some things and not another?

I downloaded HP apps, and they didn't find the printer either 

I feel there has to be a simple logical fix to the problem. Anyone have an answer to this?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @nlab,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding the printer not working or printing from any devices on the network. I will be a pleasure to assist you here.

Commendable diagnosis, superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂

To assist you accurately, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you check if your printer gets an IP address and go to the EWS page of the printer using your web browser?

This is a key step to finding out if the printer is connected or not.

• So please go to the Mac computer and open the Safari browser and in the browser type the IP address of the printer to access it.
  • Then check if is accessed, if is not accessed then the printer is not connected to the network.
  • Please do it from the Ipad and Iphone browsers also.
  • If it is accessible then it is connected to the network.

Based on these results I can provide you with accurate troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as "Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.