cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CCarb
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Wireless Printing Issues

HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro CM1415

I'm actually having two different issues and I'm not sure if they're related since they both just started to occur around the same time.

First off, while I've confirmed that my printer is connected to my wireless network and my other wireless devices typically "see" the printer if I want to print something, I usually get hung up with the device saying that it's CONTACTING PRINTER but nothing ever seems to print out.

Secondly, when printing from my desktop computer which is connected to the printer, I will occasionally send a word or excel document over and get back page after page of basically blank pages with some random characters and word printed on the first few lines of the page.  I'll shut the printer off/cancel the print job and re-send it a second time and it prints out just fine. 

I've tried restarting devices, I've tried reconnecting devices to the wireless network but I'm still having issues.

Anyone have any ideas??

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,646
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @CCarb ,

I read your post and see that you are not able to print. I would be happy to help you, but I will need some more information.

Power cycle the router and restart the computer.

Print a configuration page to find out if you have a IPv4 address.
Touch the setup icon, (wrench) touch reports, touch configuration report.

If you have a valid IPv4 address for the printer then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IP address into your web browser's address bar.

Let me know if the page loads.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. http://www.hp.com/go/tools>Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows.

Try the steps in this document to see if it will help if you are using Windows 8. Wireless Printer Prints a Partial Page or Fails to Print All Pages in Windows 8. Start on Step 3 to run the Window updates for KB3000850 and and you might need to continue through the document to setup a static IP address. Select the link for Workaround, to check the drivers installed, you might need to update them in Step 4, #8. Step 3 provides the information for setting up a Static IP address for the printer.

What operating systems are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

Thank You. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
CCarb
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I followed your instructions and while I have an IPv4 address listed, I'm not sure if it's valid or not.  When I typed it into my computer that is connected to the printer via USB I either get an error message or it brings me to a bing.com  webpage. 

When I tried it with my iPad, which is one of the devices that I used to be able to print via wireless connection, it eventually brought me to an HP LaserJet device status page - - but it took several minutes for that page to show up.

At that point, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do - you mention something about an Embedded Web Server but I'm not sure where I access that.

I am on Windows 7 on my computer that's connected via USB to the printer and all of the other devices are Apple (iPads, iPhones, MacBook).

Thank you again for your help with this problem.

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CCarb ,

I have provided some steps to check to see if the IPv4 address is valid on the printer.

Try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer.
Type the IP4v address from the printer's Configuration page, into your web browser's address bar. It should load the printer's Embedded Web Server.

Did the page load?

If it did then the IP address is valid. Then skip to the section: If the printer's Web Page loads, then follow these steps to create a new port for Wireless:

If it didn't load, restore the printer's default and run the Wireless Setup on the printer.

Please verify your Encryption and Password on the computer to verify that it is the correct information you entered when setting up the printer. HP Wireless Printers - Find Your Wireless Network Password (WEP, WPA or WPA2 Key or Passphrase).

Steps for setting up the wireless on the printer's display.
Select the wireless icon, go to wireless menu, then the wireless setup wizard icon.
It scans for available wireless networks & returns a list of network names.
Select your network name for wireless router.
Select the security WEP, WPA or Open.
Type in password.
Touch the OK button.

Print a configuration page to find out if you have a IPv4 address.
Touch the setup icon, (wrench) touch reports, touch configuration report.

Try accessing the printer's Web Page again.

If the printer's Web Page loads, then follow these steps to create a new port for Wireless:

Then go into Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

Disconnect the USB cable and test the printer.

Let me know how you make out. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
CCarb
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the long delay in responding as I've been out of the country.

To answer your questions, yes the IPv4 address seems to work - but it takes 5 minutes or more for the page to finally come up when I type that address into my browers.  IS THAT NORMAL???

Secondly, your next instructions say to go into Printers/Devices, right click on my printer, left click on properties and then select the Ports Tab.  THERE IS NO PORT TAB:  THE ONLY TABS I SEE are "GENERAL" AND "HARDWARE" and as I drill down through those tabs I don't see any reference to a port tab..

I'm going to try your instructions to restore the printer's default and run the Wireless Setup on the printer.  If that doesn't work I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi CCarb,

The Embedded Web Server for the printer, should load in about 30 seconds. Looks like a weak wireless signal.

Power cycle the router, restart the computer and the printer to see if that makes a difference.

You have to select Printer Properties, not Properties to access the Ports tab window.

You can always run the Add Printer Wizard from Devices and Printers.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation