cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gsof Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless Printing on MacBook Pro 10.8.5

Hi All,

My printer is a C4780 and I am running on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), I am not able to print wirelessly on my laptop; I have been able to get USB set up.

I have recently moved due to my university term starting, and therefore I have a new wireless router. At home I was able to connect via WPS and my printer would wirlessly connect with no issues at all however since moving into my university house I have had nothing but trouble in trying to get wireless printing set up. HPSETUP also does not show up in my wireless list?

At home I am on BT Infinity and at university we have Virgin, I dunno if this is the issue, yet the router does have a WPS button on the front of it.

We have a Virgin Super Hub 2 and the router is a Netgear router. I have noticed that this router offers 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz again I dunno if this is causing the issues?

I have printed off a HP Network Configuration Page and a Wireless Network Test Report.

HP Network Configuration Page

Network Status: Offline

Active Connection Type: None

URL(s) for Embedded Web Server: http://0.0.0.0

Number of 802.11 networks discovered: 6 - this shows the 2.4GHz SSID in this section

Wireless Network Test Report

Diagnostics Summary

Wireless On: PASS

Wireless Networking: PASS

Network Name (SSID) Found: FAIL

Security: PASS

Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Settings: Not Run

No Filtering: Not Run

Connected: Not Run

Signal Strength: Not Run

Other Network detected matching your network name (SSID): Not Run

Wireless Networks Detected: 6 

Downlink Count: 255

Channel: Not Run

Configuration Summary

Network Name (SSID): SigmaplusEOL1 FYI that is not the SSID name for the Virgin Router?!

IP Address: Not applicable

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!! 🙂

Regards,

George

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
gsof Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anyone that could help please would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Typically, it is easier to connect the printer to the network using a Windows PC.  Once the printer is on the network, you can then connect to it using the Mac.  Do you or your roommate have access to a Windows PC, even if it's a borrowed one?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
gsof Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shane_R unfortunately not at the moment no 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This will make what you have to do harder, but it can still be done.  The first thing you will have to do is perform a semi-full reset on the printer.  I will have to send you these steps by private message.  Doing the semi-full should make the printer start broadcasting the HPSetup network again.  Connect to that network, and access the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) by typing the IP address for the printer into the address bar of a browser.  Once you access the EWS, navigate to the Network tab, and look for the Wireless section.  If you see an option for a Wireless Setup Wizard, choose it.  If not, then you will need to find a Windows PC that you can use, or you will have to connect to the printer using a USB cable until you can get a Windows PC.  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
gsof Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shane_R thank you for your post. Currently I am not at my uni house however I shall try your method when I get back and let you know if it worked.

Regards,

George
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation