Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (3,166 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wireless Printing

Product Name: C4580

Hi,

I have an HP  G70-468NR notebook PC,and a HP Photosmart C4580 all in one printer/scanner/copier.

Originally set up on Windows Vista, I used to have the printer working wirelessly. However, I upgraded computer to windows 7,and now I can no longer print wirelessly. I tried to redo everything with the printer disc, but I get stopped everytime.I can print with a cable connection, but I would like my wireless back please.

Also, please note that I am not too experienced with computers or some of the lingo.

Thank you,

I would appreciate any help, even to send me in the right direction.

John

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless Printing

Hi,

As mentioned above, you have to download, save on your computer and install to you computer.

Regards.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (3,155 Views)

Hi,

Probably the CD is a bit old. Please download the following software and driver and install to your compuer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30130/mp-74912-1/PS_AIO_04_C4500_USW_Full_Win_WW_130_140...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (3,148 Views)

HP

Thank you for the quick response. I clicked on your highlighted response a few times ( a little circle would spin at the top of the page for about 10 seconds each time-----and then stopping with no other information) .I checked recent downloads and I have a few (all different)from clicking that highlight. I tried printing a page after, and the request is there, but the printer will not shift to ready position------it shows offline.

John

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 5 (3,138 Views)

Hi,

As mentioned above, you have to download, save on your computer and install to you computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (3,124 Views)

You are the man BH.

I told you I wasn't to experienced with computer know how,but I hung with it, and found the highlight you sent me in my computer downloads. I double clicked it and a small window appeared, and I clicked run. It started to take off and I followed the prompts. By the way----I also kept my printer tethered to the computer with the printer U S B cable throughout the process.

While the program was going through the installation process however, I hit a snag. A window popped up stating "installation unsuccessful message", even though the insallation process never stopped. I thought not now-----now that I have come this far, but then I received another message from HP which found a solution and applied it. Even through all of this, when all was finished, came the final test. I disconnected the U S B cable, found a random page to test print, and 

to my surprise, my printer was printing without being connected to my computer anymore.

I really appreciate the help with connecting me with the right tool  to enjoy my wireless printing again. I also want to thank you again for the quick response in helping me get this done today.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation