Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jordandri Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless Scanning using Chromebook

Hello,

I'm using the samsung chromebook and that is precisely why I chose HP wireless printer with eprint.  However, how do I go about scanning in items to Google Drive, email, hpconnected or any of the above?

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2970 217 350
Message 2 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The limiting factor here is Chromebook, it doesn't include the drivers. If it's an e-All-in-One, you can just type the ip address in the browser address bar and scan that way. Or if the AiO has a card slot or usb mass storage support, can scan directly to a SD card/usb thumb drive, etc.
===================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
yacht_boy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a new Chromebook and an M1212NF MFP that is about 2 years old.  I upgraded the firmware and activated ePrint and I can print with no issues from the Chromebook.

But how can I scan to the chromebook?  For some reason, the network interface doesn't allow me to scan from a browser, and I can't seem to scan directly from the machine.  

Am I missing something? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4530 317 858
Message 4 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi yacht_boy,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

With a Chromebook there are no scanning apps available.  I have included a link to your user guide, on page 98 it lists the 3 methods that are supported.  

Laserjet Professional M1130/M1210 Series User Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01760651.pdf

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
yacht_boy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but those 3 options are just "use a mac or windows machine." Is there really nothing HP can do to make its machines scan on the chromebook? It's just running Linux after all. Can it be that hard to install a virtual driver of hplip or something similar?
0 Kudos
venator44 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use yur phone

0 Kudos
yacht_boy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 7 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My phone doesn't have a document feeder, 600 dpi scanner, and the ability to scan two sides.
0 Kudos
srmorris Top Student
Top Student
1 0 2
Message 8 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found an easy solution!

Dowload the HP All-in-One Remote app to your Smartphone. If you're printer is on, it will automatically connect and let you scan. Then I emailed myself the scanned document for editing.

Fastblue94 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 9 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning through a browser with a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a is a fail. After scanning, it says to click the Save button that doesn't exist. Needs to be fixed. hp 8600 scan.jpg

Siam Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation