cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PEP52
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Wireless connection for 2542

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 2542
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to connect my deskjet 2542 to my wireless router.  The router has a WPS button but I can't get the blue wireless light on the printer to stop blinking when I try to connect.  I hold the blue wireless button on my printer down for 3 sec and then push the WPS button on my router within the 2 minutes.  My router is a HiltonTechnologies CGN supplied by my internet provider.   The blue light keeps blinking.

Next, I tried to connect thru the USB cord using the HP utilities that I have downloaded to my Mac.  This time the assistant says it was not able to configure my device with a USB connection even though the network selected was correct.   

I can print from my Mac if it is hard-wired to the printer but not wireless.  I am unable to print from my phone or ipad.   

The printer was purchased one year ago and worked fine both wireless and with a USB.  I was gone for 4 months and when I returned my internet provider restarted my service and the wireless printer has not worked since.  Also, when it worked before it was on an older operating system on my Mac.  During the 4 month time I upgraded to El Capitan.  All of my other wireless devices work fine.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,534 191 247
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PEP52,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your wireless issue.

I understand that you had your internet service turn off while you were away, but you have not been able to get your HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One Printer connected wirelessly again since having your internet service restarted. I would like to help with that.

You definitely need to reconfigure the printer for the new network. Here is a support document that can help get everything connected over the network - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (OS X).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 2,534 191 247
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PEP52,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your wireless issue.

I understand that you had your internet service turn off while you were away, but you have not been able to get your HP Deskjet 2542 All-in-One Printer connected wirelessly again since having your internet service restarted. I would like to help with that.

You definitely need to reconfigure the printer for the new network. Here is a support document that can help get everything connected over the network - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (OS X).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

PEP52
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.  The issue is resolved.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation