cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fish_coke
Level 2
17 7 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wiress scanning is unstable under MAC OS X El Capitan

Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello, sometimes I can use HP Easy Scan or Printer & Scanner to scan documents but sometimes I can't. I often get a communication with scanner error code -9923. I can use wireless connection to print documents though.

In some threads, HP recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the driver as well as turning on and off the printer.  Two days ago, I did that but it did not help. Yesterday, all of a sudden, it worked again.

Is there a way to make the wirelss scanning stable permanently?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5 FretnBoutNutn
Level 5
150 147 11 56
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wiress scanning is unstable under MAC OS X El Capitan

Hi fish_coke,

The first thing that comes to my mind based on your description is that you might have a weak Wi-Fi signal between your router and the printer.  Scan connection failures are more likely to be observed because the device must be immediately available to capture and transfer the image whereas a print job is submitted to a print queue on your Mac where it awaits printer availability until it can be printed.

Signal strength can be affected by many things in your environment.  If you haven't already, I suggest you take a look at  at HP's Wireless Printing Center.  Lots of good information provided there.

Hope this helps,

FretnBoutNutn
I work for HP.

- Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
- Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation