Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

3050 All-in-one J610a won't print .jpg files anymore....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Right click on the file name. Go to "Open with". Now select Paint. This will open the image in Paint application. Go to drop down at top>select print>select the correct printer icon>click print. Check if this works.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hello,

Is it printing other files from computer? Which application you are using to print the .jpg file? Have you tried opening the file using a different application? (Mspaint etc.) Please ensure before giving print command you are selecting the correct printer icon.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Hi Royal....thanks for responding..

Yes, it will print other documents and scan them....am printing from my laptop...

Sorry, but I have no idea what application I am printing with....just Crtl+P....using Windows 7 starter...I have not tried other applications...not sure I know how...:)....

HP Recommended
Right click on the file name. Go to "Open with". Now select Paint. This will open the image in Paint application. Go to drop down at top>select print>select the correct printer icon>click print. Check if this works.

HP Recommended
Thanks so much.... does this mean I have to select Paint every time I want to print jpg files? I didn't have to do that before the latest scanning for malware...
HP Recommended
Not really. When you double click on a file it opens on the default application set. I feel while printing from your default application may be the correct printer icon is not getting selected. Also, under devices and printers please make sure the correct printer is "set as default" (you can do this by right clicking on the printer icon).

HP Recommended

Thank you. I just needed this answer today coz I was having issues printing a jpg file. Found your answer and it worked! Now am a happy person. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Thanks it worked fine-problem now solved-t

Spoiler
:robotsad:

hanks very much.

Terry 2222

HP Recommended

Thanks for your workaround. It worked on the file I was trying to print. But I find this unacceptable. My previous HP deskjet printed directly from the JPEG thumbnail and I expected at least the same level of funtionality from the more expensive officejet. If this is the only solution then I will be returning the printer and finding one that offers the functionality I need.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.