cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
thepoolman1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Won't print yellow

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All of a sudden my 8630 will not print yellow, only a grey with a slight yellow highlight. Done multiple cleanings and alignments, new cartridges. What next?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @thepoolman1

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues printing yellow from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried checking with a different yellow ink cartridge?

What happens when you try to make a copy from your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

Follow these steps to clean the printhead.
   NOTE:
If the printhead is badly clogged, you might need to clean the printhead several times to restore normal print quality.
   CAUTION:
Never turn off the printer when ink cartridges are missing. Make sure you replace any missing ink cartridges as soon as possible to avoid print quality issues and possible extra ink usage or damage to the ink system. To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead, always turn the printer off with the Power button on the printer itself.
Load plain white paper into the tray.
On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon (). The Setup menu displays.
Swipe the display to scroll to Tools, and then touch Tools.
Touch Clean Printhead.
   NOTE:
Mechanical noises during the cleaning process are normal.
When the first cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Examine the test page for print quality.
If these steps resolved the issue, touch No to skip the other cleaning stages. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.
If the issue persists, touch Yes to start the second cleaning stage.
When the second cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Examine the test page for print quality.
If these steps resolved the issue, touch No to skip the last cleaning stage. You do not need to continue troubleshooting.
If the issue persists, touch Yes to start the last cleaning stage.
When the last cleaning stage completes, a test page prints. Touch OK, and then examine the test page for print quality.
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
thepoolman1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Followed the steps outlined. Changed cartridge. Updated firmware. Three head-cleanings. Yellow marginally improved. Cyan lines in the yellow print. Cyan now won't print except for lines, as if the cartridge is empty. Changed to a new cartridge. Same result. Did the three cleanings again. No improvement. Beginning to regret my purchase of this printer.

0 Kudos
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@thepoolman1, It's great to hear from you again. I was indeed waiting for your response.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after cleaning the print heads the issue still persists.

Try performing a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Resetting the printer can resolve some types of slow printing issues.
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with the printer, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation