cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
robilyn
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Wrong date and time of images scanned on the SD card

HP Recommended
Photosmart C5180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since last November, when I replaced the color cartridges (always original and not expired),  date & time of files scanned directly on the SD card inserted in the printer is incorrect and dates back to 2001. For example, a file scanned today (May 27th 2017) has as of September 25th 2001 and also the time is wrong. How can I set the date and time of the printer?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the current date and time on the printer?

0 Kudos
robilyn
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can I see it? I can't find it in printer settings.

0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probably done through the front panel that you will have to try. 

Here is your Basic Guide to help.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-c5100-all-in-one-printer-series/1153538/model/115...

Download and read. 

0 Kudos
robilyn
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the front panel there isn't any option to set date & time. Also in the manual there is nothing about it.

0 Kudos
robilyn
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the printer self-test, and it seems the internal date is correct (see installation date of the cartridges in the attached image). The problem concerns only saving data on the SD card.

print_test.JPG

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation