Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Like others, I too bought the wrong size cartridges:  Multi pack 60XL instead of 62.  Have had them several months, and can't remember if I bought them at Costco or Office Depot.  Don't have the receipt, just opened the black one, though, and of course I couldn't install it since it's the wrong size. 

I see others have had this problem solved by a customer rep on this board.  Can you help me exchange mine too?

Thanks.

GaSuziQ

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GaSuziQ

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an  HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer and you purchased multi-pack 60XL cartridges instead of HP 62 cartridges. Not to worry, let me help you here.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• How many unopened and unused cartridges do you still have with you?
  • Did you purchase the cartridges in the same country where the printer was originally purchased?

I would also like to inform you that the cartridges that are already opened from the sealed packaging cannot be replaced. For any replacement options for the cartridges, you need to contact our HP phone support.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
I will call the number. I had the impression from anothe post that the opened cartridge could be replaced.....since no ink has been used.
HP Recommended

@GaSuziQ

Surely, please reach out to our phone support. You could talk with them but I cannot guarantee if opened cartridges will be replaced. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

You fooled me!  I thought I could just call and get help, but since my printer is out of warranty, it's impossible to speak to anyone....without paying $19.99?  Unless I'm overlooking something.

I would appreciate it if you can help me exchange the one unopened cartridge I have:  tri-color HP 60XL.  (I also have the black cartridge in the same size...full of ink, but you said there's no help for that.  And I'm tired of going in circles trying to find solutions on this site.)  Yes, I bought the cartridges in the US where I bough the Envy 7640.  Hopefully that's all the information you need.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@GaSuziQ

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.