Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We are trying to print on iron on transfers for christmas presents, and now the yellow wont show up at all.  We have switched to new carterages and that doesn't help, we have ran the cartrige cleaner about 50 times, we have realigned the carterages, and i have taken a Q TIP and cleaned the inside of the printer where the yellow ink goes as well as the yellow ink itself.  Yellow does not show up at all whatsoever, there are no yellow lines in the print report, there are no mixed colors that yellow would be involved in.  we have been trying to fix it all day long, and we have gone through a whole pack of computer paper.  We have had to switch the other ink cartriges during this time because they ran out of ink themselves.  I have no idea what to do at this point, and we need it fixed as soon as possible.  Any help would be appreciated.  The printer is an HP photosmart 7520.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

All of a sudden the yellow will not print, put in new cartridges and still no yellow, did everything on printer to clean and correct, nothing works??

HELP

HP Recommended

Hi Aceman41,

I am sorry that you are having an issue with the yellow ink. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue. In this document for Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues there are several steps for cleaning the ink cartridges. It also shows how to clean the printhead contacts in the printer. You can also clean the contacts on the printhead with a lint free dampened cloth which could help as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Nort504,

I would like you help you resolve this issue. You can try following the steps in the above document but to better help you with this issue could you please tell me the Model Number of your printer. The operating system you are running on your computer and how the printer is connected wireless or with a USB cable?

Let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hi Advance23,
I have an hp envy 5530 and my printer wont print yellow or green, really only printing black and red and one blue square after multiple cleanings
HP Recommended

can you help me?  im having the same issue

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with no yellow ink printing. I have thried 3 new cartidges and cleaned the heads in all the ways mentioned .. there is no yellow ink at all  Model number HP 7500 E910

Thank you 

HP Recommended

I also have a HP all in one printer, HP Officejet 6600 that will not print yellow during head cleaning and alignment, nor will it print greens during normal jobs (just blue).  Has brand new carts in it and have completed the cleaning and alignment many, many times.  Now have to go buy some more new carts, what a business model, good method of generating income.  I am so tired of these devices going bad so quickly, you don't use them often because the printer carts are so #&*@% expensive and when you do, the unit fails to perform.

HP Recommended

Just set up a new printer it is a photosmartC4780 It is an older printer that was bought as a unwanted gift so never out the box until last week. printed 2 photos and now will not print the yellow ink. I have already cleaned a few times and still not working. Just got rid of my last printer and didnt think there would be problems with this one within a week

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.